| The adventures of the brave Patapon tribe continues in Patapon 2. The highly anticipated sequel to Patapon, one of the best PlayStation Portable (PSP) games of 2008, Patapon 2 is packed with double the content of the first game, plus exciting new features sure to satisfy fans of the original. Continuing their search for the secrets of their ancient past, the Patapons find themselves on a strange island where they will encounter new enemies and creatures. As the Mighty Patapon, you must guide our small heroes through this dangerous new land with the power of rhythm. |
New masked enemies, the Karmen.
Even more beasts to hunt.
Improved 'Fever Mode.'
3 additional Patapon classes.
The story of the Patapon tribe marches forth as they continue their hunt for the mysterious land of 'Earthend.' This time, after taking to sea to find the fabled realm of their ancient ancestors, they are shipwrecked on a new and strange continent and are depending on you, their god, to lead them safely through this perilous new land. As you guide the tribe through this new world using specific rhythmic commands tapped out on your mystical drum via the PSP's face buttons and equip your troops with weapons and armor, you will come face to face with a new tribe of enemies-the Karmen, encounter a mysterious and mighty Hero Patapon and uncover the ruins of Patapolis, a mystical place long spoke of in Patapon legend. Multiplayer
One of the most exciting new elements of Patapon 2 is its inclusion of multiplayer via a PSP ad-hoc connection. Supporting up to four players, this play option actually consists of two modes containing a link to the single player campaign. During multiplayer action all players assume the role of the Hero Patapon, but are not limited to a single form. Players' Hero Patapons are fully customizable, able to take the shape of any of the Patapon warrior classes, and allowing players to show off their distinct, one-of-a-kind heroes to the world. Working together, players embark on a series of mission of increasing difficulty, designed to test their skills as individual warriors as well as team players. But even the most powerful of Patapon Heroes who venture into this online adventure will find that he/she needs something extra to carry the day. In a nod to the Karmen, the tribes' new enemy in Patapon 2, here players will ultimately have to don a ceremonial mask to obtain the strength to survive and succeed. But to secure a mask players will need to have obtained a certain item during their time spent playing through the game's single player campaign. Once produced players will have to work together to transform this item into the mask. Key Game Features:
Improved 'Fever Mode' Functionality
- Rhythm and Action Collide - Master all 8 drum rhythms including the new jump command, power up command and party command. Combine the various chains of drumbeats to address each unique level, leading the Patapons to victory over the masked Karmens.
- Patapon Evolution - Improve your troops fighting and defense skills by leveling up or evolving into other Patapon forms.
- Create your own Patapon Hero - Introducing the new Patapon Hero, a prized fighter that you can customize to fit any sort of fighting style desired. Unlock new abilities by mixing weapons and Patapon Hero masks.
- Additional Patapons - Discover the new ranks of Patapons: Toripon the flying bird riders; Robopon mech warriors and Mahopon the magicians. Unlock these new warriors to fight alongside all the warriors from the original game.
- Multiplayer Mode - Patapon 2 introduces multiplayer gameplay through game sharing.
- Three Additional Commands and Miracles - More drumbeat commands allow for different tactics and gameplay action.
- Strategic Gaming - Patapon 2 delivers a strong element of strategy by requiring players to properly customize and build up the Patapon army, arm each soldier with particular weapons and armor, and position them correctly for battle.
- Mission Variety - Take part in more than 80 specific missions including hunting, escort, and boss battles, and explore numerous vivid environments along the way. Players will discover up to 22 bosses and access hundreds of new items and weapons throughout the adventure.
- Unique Art Style - French graphic artist Rolito, noted for his abstract art style seen in collectible toys, animation, and websites, lends his skills to create a variety of unique characters and environments, bringing the Patapon world to life.
- Mini-Games - Seven music-based mini-games allow players to earn bonuses and upgrades to further customize the Patapon warriors.
Patapon 2 features new and improved 'Fever Mode' functionality. Fever Mode is a state in the game reached when players have successfully completed a certain number of consecutive combos, effectively ratcheting up their Patapons' fighting ability and efficiency in battle for as long as they continue adding successive combos. In the original Patapon, activating and maintaining this mode provided an ever growing rhythmic challenge as the game progressed, but was not necessarily manageable for all players. Patapon 2 eliminates this potential issue by giving players an option to play at an easier level until they get the hang of the game's rhythm, at which point they can switch back to the standard play mode if they wish. Also new with Patapon 2 is 'Fever Alert.' Through this players are kept aware of the agitation level of their Patapons via on-screen alerts, allowing for precious seconds needed to string together the necessary combos to extend Fever Mode when need be.